Thursday 4 April 2013

Thailand



Okay, so I am currently in Australia and feel the need to type frantically about my time in Thailand. 

These shots sum up the beauty of the country and with the help of my fisheye lens I was able to get full 360 degree angle of exactly what I was seeing to capture these incredible memories. 


 
  


I like to think my experience from Thailand was much more spiritual than most 22 year olds that go backpacking. We came across so many young people who were there to just get drunk and get cheap drugs from over a pharmacy counter. It was quite shocking to see how much the younger generation have no morals or any respect for the country they were in.
 
When we were in Phi Phi, that was the time we realised we did not belong in the commercial islands of Thailand. It was when we arrived in Koh Toh (which is now actually commercial) at the time not many people were on Koh Toh, we arrived and hired a quad bike to stumble across a temple. We met a monk... he asked if we had time for him to show us something, my friend was reluctant to say yes but me being me, replied and said 'yes of course we do'.  This was possibly the best decision I have ever made. We did not leave this temple for another three to four hours later. He taught us the morals of being Buddhist. He taught us how to pray to the Buddha and he blessed us...
 
 
 





 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment